Monday, November 22, 2010

Baby Fever

Anybody that’s been struck with a bad case of baby fever knows that it will utterly consume you 24/7. I’ve always loved babies and pregnancy more than the average girl, but always wanted to do things right and ensure that I have a solid relationship and financial security before I venture down that path. I am lucky enough to be attending post secondary school on a full bursary that pays for everything including a pretty comfy monthly loving allowance. But even more lucky to have met the most wonderful, kind, honest, caring, and fun man ever. Everything was falling into place quite nicely but I sure was surprised when I started noticing babies everywhere, AND I MEAN EVERYWHERE! and then the pregnant women started popping up everywhere as well. The real kicker was when I was holding my 3 hour old niece and had this urge to tuck her tiny body in my shirt and take her home with me. I all of a sudden in an instant wanted so badly to experience what my sister in-law just had, even though pushing a 8lb baby out of you know where sounds less than pleasant. So it there had happened, I fell ill with the so called baby fever.

Lucky for me the time frame that everything occurred was a good 3 months, so I had the pleasure of slowly being accustomed to the idea of 2 becoming 3 and all the other things that come with pregnancy, birth and child rearing. My poor lovely other half though didn’t know what was about to blind side him.

I had been obviously contemplating for some time whether we could create a little baby and be able to nurture it properly with our love and whether it fit us to do it sooner rather than later and all of the other stuff. I felt ready and willing to and because of my case of baby fever I wanted to run and do it now….literally! But baby making takes 2 people and as far as my other half was concerned I wanted a new puppy, no baby was even close to registering on our radar. Lucky for me though we were heading on a vacation to Cuba. I wanted the "talk" to be special and to be relaxed and that we’d able to openly share how we both felt about the impending decision. One night on our trip we were eating dinner and I casually dropped the bomb. The reaction I got was not as bad as I anticipated, I kinda expected him to tell me I was crazy and to forget about it, instead I got a very blank frozen look, and after a few minutes a gasped "Really?" emerged from the pail stare. I went on to explain my case of the baby fever and that was that for that night, he never really said to much. Boy though, he managed to shock me back when the next morning we were eating breakfast and he exclaimed "so you wanna have my baby?" I almost choked, he said it kinda jokingly but still I had a chance that he’d feel the same as me. Long story short, that trip we decided that sooner (i.e. the new year!) would be appropriate for us and that indeed we did feel the same way. Little did I know though the grasp that baby fever really takes on your life yet. I’m so excited and haven’t even got to pee on a stick yet!

So here we are a month till d-day filled to the brim with emotions, fear, excitement and nothing but a decisions been made yet! This seems like it’s going to be a long journey but ultimately I’m excited with what’s to come…..

No comments:

Post a Comment