Sunday, May 1, 2011

18 Weeks


How Far Along: 18 Weeks, getting close to halfway there. 
Size of baby: A Mango. Baby weighs about 1/2 a pound and is 6 inches long from head to butt.
Weight Gain: 133.5 so a total of 8.5lbs 
Belly: 36inches

What I Love: Feeling the little one wiggle about in there.

What I Miss: Having a beer on a nice day, at least my other half is nice enough to not rub it in.

Cravings: Chubby Chicken burger from A&W. i am very glad that I starting to crave meat again. My appetite has definitely increased and I feel like I endlessly graze in the kitchen. I eat food steadily over my 1 hour lunch break and am hungry just a few hours later.

Symptoms: I was just saying the other day that I no longer "feel pregnant." I have lots of energy (as long as I eat and get enough sleep), feel awesome and am starting to enjoy this process.

Sleep: I am requiring about 8-10hrs but as long I get that I feel awesome. I am usually pretty tired and by the time i get to bed i fall right to sleep. I definitely have a harder time getting comfy, but as long I'm tired I sleep really well.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah! None of my t-shirts fit me anymore and I am only wearing non-maternity jeans with the belly bands. everything else is now maternity. I picked up some really cute maternity shirts that I love and feel adorable in.

Movement: Still feeling little one a lot. The pokes are turning more into jabs that are getting pretty strong, pretty sure others could feel it now just have not timed it right yet. I know that will definitely be a huge highlight for Papa.

Purchase This Week: Some clothes (getting harder to keep buying gender neutral), a waterproof crib mattress pad, and a new house. Yep, that's right a new house, we are building and will be moving in around late august, early September. That puts me about 35-38weeks, yikes! I will not be doing much that's for sure!

Favourite Moment this Week: Dealing with all the house stuff has been really exciting, feeling baby move more has been incredible and the fact that next Thursday will be our big ultrasound is super exciting. Really scared that we will get a peak at what we are having, I really want the gender to be a surprise. Stay tooned for pictures of this little one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment